Celox Haemostatic Gauze Z-Fold – 5 FT
£37.00 Exc. VAT
Out of stock
Stops bleeding and saves lives
The only haemostatic gauze used by the UK Minstry of Defence and the haemostat of choice by multiple NATO forces. Celox™ Gauze is the most effective dressing for immediate haemostasis.
Celox™ gauze haemostat is for pre-hospital use by trained emergency responders to stop bleeding from life threatening injuries, including those involving major arteries.
Pack the gauze directly on to the bleeding source and hold pressure for three minutes to stop bleeding from arterial injuries, gunshot wounds, road traffic accidents and other life-threatening bleeding injuries.
- Highest observed survival in US DoD testing
- Published success in the field
- The sole haemostat of choice for the UK MOD
- Chosen by multiple NATO forces
- Stops hypothermic bleeding as found in life-threatening traumatic injuries
Celox™ stops severe traumatic bleeding
Celox™ granules work independently of the body’s clotting mechanism, so it works on hypothermic blood that does not clot normally, often found in serious casualties. Celox granules also work just as well on blood containing anti-coagulants such as warfarin or heparin.
US DoD laboratory test results
This study was carried out in order to review the DoD recommendation for choice of hemostatic gauze.
- 90% survival for Celox Gauze, other products achieved 50 – 70 %
- Significantly reduced blood loss 10 minutes after treatment for Celox Gauze, compared to Combat Gauze
- Celox Gauze final blood loss 29 ml/kg, compared to 63 ml/kg for Combat Gauze and 32-64 ml/kg for other treatments